At Seaford Rise we believe that our students learn best when they are engaged in a learning environment that is outlined in the school’s ‘Guiding Principles for Student Learning’.
As a school:
- We will provide a positive school environment that values difference, is safe, orderly and supportive to enable our students to thrive
- We will in partnership with the school community value and develop the academic, the personal and social capabilities of our students
- We will provide a learning environment where students collaborate with teachers to meet the individual and collective needs of learners
- We will assist students to be life-long learners who act ethically, think critically and conduct themselves in a respectful manner
- We will provide a consistent, high quality and engaging curriculum that encourages creativity and connects learning to student lives, now and into the future
The school’s curriculum is based on three dimensions of the Australian Curriculum and the two key concepts of the South Australian framework, Teaching for Effective Learning (TeFL).
The Australian Curriculum
The school values information technology as an essential tool for learning with students being able to have individual access to iPads (R-2) and laptops (3-7), plus they have the availability of a fully equipped computer suite.
Student’s learning is also currently supported through specialist teachers who are responsible for Japanese, Health and Physical Education and The Arts (R-6). Each specialist teacher has a dedicated teaching space which adds to the richness of these learning experiences.